It’s Day 2, I survived the first day. Hardest part right now is the compulsion to want to snack. I have to remember to take carrots or something with me to work so I can munch on them.
4 rounds of:
1 min max power clean, rest two minutes, 1 min max dips, rest two minutes
I did 95# and bench dips. Lifting is and I suspect always will be, a work in progress. I wanted to go heavy today and 95# was the perfect weight for me to lift aggressively but not over do it. If I did any less weight, I’d probably pull so hard that I would fall back. As I was doing the clean part of the workout, Jarrod noticed that I was jumping up and back when lifting up past my knees. The only time my feet *should* be leaving the ground is on the way down.
The dips were so hard. Much like pull-ups, I can’t do bar dips or ring dips. Another gymnastics element I have to work on.
Breakdown of rounds:
- 9 cleans, 19 bench dips = 28
- 9 cleans, 21 bench dips = 30
- 9 cleans, 20 bench dips = 29
- 10 cleans, 24 bench dips = 34
So some things I need to work on for my cleans: fast elbows, loosen grip at the top, and feet come up on the way down. I have a feeling lots of drills are on their way to my sessions with Jarrod.
Food for the day:
- Bacon, eggs
- Salad from Coffee Corner (veggies, tuna salad, little bit of goat cheese)
- 5 dark chocolate almonds
- “Kitchen Sink” scramble – broccoli, eggs, hamburger, onions, bacon, ground flax seed
- Chicken, cilantro, salsa, veggie chips
- Handful of paleo crunch